We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Simon Logan
  2. General Discussion
  3. Thursday, 26 June 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Been using the T3 framework happily for a while now but have come across an issue on a new site I'm working on using J3.3.1 and the latest version of T3.

Using the BS3 template as I normally do I created a new themes and created a copy of the layout to modify however I noticed that although CSS overrides were working none of my layout changes were (ie switching menu to come before header). When I FTP'd in I noticed that the new layout I'd created using the CLONE button didn't existing under the "tpls" folder (even though it showed as being selected in the Template Manager) so I created another copy and that one also didn't appear in the "tpls" folder via FTP, however I did notice both in the "local/tpls" folder.

Either way I am currently unable to change the default layouts?

Simon
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon,

It's a new feature of T3 Framework. Now the customization can be located in the "local" folder. So it's easier for user to check the customization. The workflow is the same. Actually, you can move the layout files in the "local/tpls" to the "templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls".

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
I can confirm this has happened on another completely different site based on Joomla 2.5.22 using the latest release of the T3 framework and templates - when I clone the layout to be able to customise it shows as being selected in the template manager however the file isn't created within the "tpl" folder as would normally happen.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon,

When you customize something in the back-end then save, it's auto saved to the "local" folder, if you don't have the folder, the folder will be auto created. Please check the "local/tpls" folder.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.