We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Chamira Athauda
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Monday, 29 September 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
T3 Framework 2.3.2
Blank Template BS2, 2.1.6

I finished developing a site around July, converted LESS to CSS and out if off development mode.

The framework was updated on 5 September and all my edits in the styles.less file are missing.
The site still looks OK because it is using the previously generated css, but if I re-run LESS to CSS the site loses all the CSS styles I had applied.

I am not saying the framework update has caused this, but I am asking if that could a reason?

Is is absolutely certain that LESS files are not overwritten on framework or template updated and customizations are safe?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi guys

You're right @Francisco Diaz

@Chamira Athauda: if your work in style.less is lost, please copy your customization in the style.css to the custom.css file so that next time you compile LESS to CSS, the work will not be lost. Next time, when customizing style, please implement in the local folder so that the upgrade does not affect to your work: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/new-features.html#isolate-template

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hello Chamira,

You can refer to http://t3-framework.org/documentation/new-features.html#isolate-template

I am making all customizations in local folders.

Hope it helps.

Regards
References
  1. http://t3-framework.org/documentation/new-features.html#isolate-template
  Calle Juan Millares Carlo, 35010 Las Palmas, Las Palmas, Spain
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thanks Gardner and Francsico - I do use the isolate template feature for layouts and footers blocks &etc.

But I was not aware it can be used for LESS files, fantastic!

So can I just confirm, I can either copy across an existing LESS file and edit it or create a new LESS file and add rules to it, and they will be incorporated in the CSS when I compile AND the LESS files will be safe from being overwritten?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Yeah, that the point :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thank you, I extracted all my LESS edits to a file on local and all is working well.

I have to say the T3 framework is so far the best I have worked with and the support is awesome.

I have developed templates from scratch - there's 60 hours of my life I will never get back, re-developed Protostar, developed on RocketThemes Gantry, YooThemes Warp, countless bespoke frameworks on ThemeForest and a few more.

The speed at which I can get things done is second to none, and it is quite easy to understand. It does have a few quirky bugs but them seem to be getting squashed regularly.

I do hope BS3 can be optimized a bit more so it is not such a drain on resources, I have had to give up on BS3 several times (and use BS2) because the LESS compiler would just crash - I think this is more of a hosting issue really.

Amazing work and thank you.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Thank so much for your kind words @Chamira. Usability and ease of customization is our main point when developing the Framework. We are working hard to improve the framework. We are also implementing a great feature called Layout Builder.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.