We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Guest
  2. Motivator Hole-in-One Smile Seeker
  3. General Discussion
  4. Saturday, 29 November 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi,
Firt of all i'm so sorry for my english but i don't seak it very well!!!

i'm Andre and i'm very new about T3.
Today i dowloaded for the first time t3 framework.
i installed joomla 3.3.6, t3framwork with t3_blank and t3_bs3_blank, i selected t3_bs3_blank like primary template, i enabled Development Mode and here is my problem!

i don't understand how is overriding less or css file and when need to use custom.css and where i find it?

i've see a lot of videos and readed a lot of documentation, but really i don't understand!

i have understand: when Development Mode option is enabled, t3 use less file, when it is disable use css file.
i understand that is better use less file... but i don't understand how can i do!

with firebug? with css? with less? when i need enable Development Mode and when i need disable it?

i'm so sorry for my english yet!

thank you very much in advance

Andre
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Andre,

In fact, if you understand the workflow of T3, it's quite easy for customization. Let's get started.

1. When Development mode is on
- Your site will run on .less files and your customization with less files will be displayed. All the template .less files are stored in: templates/t3_bs3_blank/less. If you want to customize your template style, you can use the .less files.
2. When Development mode is off
- Your site will run on .css files, the files are compiled from .less files when you implement the "LESS TO CSS" function. We recommend not to use the .css file to customize your template style as each time you compile LESS TO CSS, the .css files will be overridden and your work will be lost.
3. When to use custom.css file and where it is?
- The custom.css file is not inlcuded by default as it's user's custom file so you have to create it by yourselves (templates/t3_bs3_blank/css). The file is not overridden when compile LESS TO CSS.
- The file is for users who are not familiar with LESS.
4. When you should enable and disable development mode?
- ENABLE IT WHEN: you are developing your site with LESS so that the site will run on .less files and you will see how your site is performed with LESS, if it works properly, it will work properly also when dev mode is OFF. Also, you can use firebug to customize your template style easier, you will see the .less rules and where to find the .less file.
- DISABLE IT WHEN: your site is DONE, disable the dev mode, compile LESS TO CSS, enable CSS and JS optmization to improve your site performance.

Thanks for choosing T3 and if you have any further concern, let me know, I am willing to help you and to make sure your site runs properly.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i have just one question.

how can i override a css file as: style.css (in firebug)?

i tried to add new less files in: template/my_template/less/new-less, but nothing changed or modified.

need just add a file less in a folder or need to do something other?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

Did you load the block: mainbody-copy in the layout you used?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
hi,

yes i loaded the block: mainbody-copy.

how can i remove a sidebar-2?

when in firebug i see this path: less.boostrap.less , i can find this file or in t3-assets folder or in plugin folder. is this correct or i don't understand something?

and i can't login with any other computers, just with this. all the other give me an error for maintenance. is your website still in mantenance?

i know it's boring for you, but these things i really can't understand.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.